- Save your workbook with a different filename (File, Save As…)
- Re-open your original workbook.
- Copy the sheet that you need to recover from the original workbook to the new renamed workbook.
- Close the original workbook.
- Save the (renamed) workbook using the original name. You will be prompted to overwrite the original file. Click Yes.
- Once you have determined that your workbook is functioning properly, you can delete the redundant (renamed) workbook
Once you see this, it seems like very logical solution but I frequently see people recreate all of their work because that have been told that you cannot recover a deleted sheet tab.